Do you want to beautify your looks by straightening your teeth, but hate to see your teeth loaded with metal wires and brackets? So here is some good news for you. Invisalign or clear aligners can correct your misalignment and straighten your teeth, with your natural look intact, without any metal wires, discomfort, or any food restrictions.
Invisalign or clear aligners are transparent, removable, custom-made tray-like devices made of clear plastic that fit onto your teeth to exert controlled pressure to move them in the desired direction. They are more aesthetic and comfortable as compared to traditional braces. Being removable, it’s easy to clean them properly, maintain your oral hygiene in a better way, and eat whatever you want. The most important advantage is that you don’t have to hide your smile or be conscious about it, even when your treatment is going on, because no one will be able to notice your invisible braces. Isn’t this great?
Let us know more about how these Invisalign or other clear aligners straighten your teeth, how their process works, their eligibility, and cost aspects.
1-What do Invisalign clear aligners do?
Clear aligners work by gradually aligning and straightening your teeth, by applying controlled pressure to certain teeth to move them in the desired direction. A series of custom-made aligners are used that are changed every couple of weeks to apply constant pressure on the teeth to facilitate their movement. Every new aligner set will fit snugly to your teeth to allow that movement until the new position is achieved and you get that beautiful smile of yours.
Your Invisalign dentist will regularly assess when to change your aligner sets, but for them to work effectively, you need to religiously follow your orthodontist’s instructions.
2-Who all are eligible for clear aligners?
Your eligibility will be evaluated by your dentist depending on the extent and type of misalignment in your teeth, age, bone density, and willingness to wear the aligners as advised. Some of the dental issues which can be treated by Invisalign braces are:
- Crowded and crooked teeth.
- Gaps in between the teeth.
- Overbites, underbites, cross bites, and overjets, which are all various types of misalignments of upper and lower teeth with respect to each other.
- Even the teeth with restorations can be treated as well.
- Nowadays with continual advancements in Invisalign aligner technology, many more issues like rotated teeth, etc which are difficult to be treated with braces, can also be treated effectively.
3-What is the procedure of clear aligners to straighten your teeth?
The entire process of dental aligners for teeth straightening can be explained in various steps:
- Imaging: Some X-rays and 3D imaging will be done to determine the best-suited aligners for you.
- Dentist’s oral examination: Your Invisalign dentist will perform a detailed examination and explain the details of the procedure and expectations in the future.
- Virtual plan: After analyzing thoroughly, a virtual plan will be designed according to your needs and your orthodontist will show you through the 3D images how your teeth and surrounding structures will look after the treatment.
- Clear aligners designed: Impressions of your teeth will be taken and finally, aligners will be made for you. Initially, 2 sets will be given to you, each for 2 weeks.
- Mild pain and discomfort: This will be felt for a few days and will soon resolve as you will get used to having aligners in your mouth.
- Frequency: The clear aligners need to be worn for at least 22 hours a day and only be removed while eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing. Only then they will be able to show you the desired results.
- Maintaining your aligners: Follow all your dentist’s instructions about caring for your aligners and wash and clean them properly.
- Regular Follow-up: Your orthodontist will regularly call you to assess if the treatment is going on track. Once your teeth are moved to the correct position with one aligner, you will be switched to the next one for further movement.
- Results: Usually, you will start to see the changes within 2-3 months, but the final results may take around 12-24 months varying from individual to individual.
4-What should we expect after the Invisalign treatment?
- When reaching the end of your treatment, some refinements and adjustments will be needed to make your results highly precise.
Once your dentist and you are satisfied with the results:
- She/he will advise you to stop wearing the aligners and provide you with retainers for some time, usually only at night to maintain the position achieved through the aligners.
- Maintain follow-ups to ascertain that no relapse is there.
5-What does Invisalign cost in India?
The cost of Invisalign clear aligners will depend on various factors like:
- The severity of your malocclusion and complexity of tooth movement: The more severe the malocclusion and more complex the tooth movement, the more time will be required for you to wear aligners, and hence the cost will be altered.
- Your bone density: Denser bone will take more time to move the tooth, and the cost will be increased.
- The time for which you have worn the aligners: Depending upon how much time you wear your aligners, will affect the time it will take to achieve the desired movement and also the cost.
- Your dentist’s credentials: More qualified and experienced dentists will definitely charge a little extra, but it will be worth it.
- Location of the clinic: The cost varies according to the location and area of the clinic.
On average the Invisalign cost ranges from 45,000 to 3,75000 in Delhi NCR.
6-Which is the best dental clinic for Invisalign treatment?
Top Notch Dental Clinic provides one of the best Invisalign clear aligners treatment in Delhi NCR. The doctors are highly qualified and experienced and assure the highest quality of clinical outcomes with compassion and care. The clinic is equipped with the latest state-of-art technology which further facilitates top results with minimal issues and maximum comfort. Avail delightful results at an affordable cost at Top Notch Dental Clinic!