Teeth straightening is the process of aligning and shifting the teeth in the right direction and position according to the individual’s bite force and pressure which is done over time. The procedure is generally opted by people having misaligned, misplaced, or crooked teeth structures. Aligned and straightened teeth also improve oral health by creating a maintainable system that guards against gum diseases. Alignment and properly structured teeth assist in chewing the food better and enhancing the facial appearance.
Individuals experiencing problems listed below make an ideal candidate for teeth straightening procedure, with or without the help of braces.
- Crossbite: One or more teeth do not line up with bottom teeth properly
- Overbite: Top front teeth cover too much area of bottom front teeth
- Open bite: Top and bottom teeth do not align or meet as they should
- Underbite: Top teeth sit behind the bottom teeth
- Overjet: Top front teeth in a stick out position
The Top Notch clinic in New Delhi is forming a creative way to improve your smile and providing all dental services with the highest quality dental work assured. The teeth straightening procedure cost depends on various factors such as jaw and teeth condition, type of treatment, need for braces, doctor’s experience, and complexity of the case. The average teeth straightening procedure cost in Delhi ranges between as minimum as INR 4,000 to INR 1.5 lacs or more.
Table of Contents
Teeth Straightening with Braces
Teeth Straightening without Braces
Teeth Straightening with Braces
Dental braces are a common approach for teeth straightening and help in aligning crooked or crowded teeth, or a misaligned jaw, a condition known as malocclusion. Braces were often used by adolescents and young adults; however, in recent times it has been observed that a high percentage of adults are opting for the procedure. Success rates depend on various factors such as age, treatment goals, types of misalignment, the experience of the team of Dental Surgeons, and the kind of devices together with the patient compliance. Different types of braces are recommended by orthodontists/ dental surgeons based on their condition and age.
- Metal Braces: These are classic or traditional braces in practice for over 100 years now and are the most common type being used worldwide. These are prepared by metal brackets with elastic bands surrounding each bracket, glued individually to each of the teeth, and connected by an archwire. This arrangement allows for movement in the mouth which helps adjust the teeth quicker. Frequent appointments every 4-8 weeks are scheduled to move or shift the teeth consistently. Recent advances in this technology have made it very easy to be applied which helps in the faster process of shifting the teeth with minimal to no pain.
- Ceramic Braces: These are considered as an alternative to metal braces. The material used in braces and wire is clear and tooth-colored which makes the entire assembly less noticeable and more discreet. However, these braces are slightly larger than metal and have the potential to get stained depending on the type of diet/ meal and brushing habits. The functioning is similar to metal braces; however, these are more expensive.
- Damon Braces: It is a new concept of a self-ligating system that has recently gained popularity based on enhanced clinical performance as stated by orthodontists. The main difference between other systems and Damon braces is that these use clips or doors to hold and keep the wire in place instead of elastic ties. Clinical experiences have also noted that these require a shorter appointment and fixing times and are easier to adjust. These have become the prime choice for people who are sensitive to pain and discomfort and have specific conditions like developmental anomalies.
- Lingual Braces: Though these are the most specialized systems, they are the least used orthodontic system in the market as these are placed on the backside of the teeth which requires enhanced and proficient skills. The positive aspect is that they can be preferred by conscious adolescents and individuals who do not want any sort of noticeable braces. There are some negative aspects as well including difficulty in cleaning and talking which makes it a difficult choice as compared to others. These take a longer appointment time to fix and adjust, and a longer duration of months to achieve the desired alignment which makes it an expensive choice as well.
Teeth Straightening without Braces
Dental technology has come a long way with recent advancements that make teeth straightening without braces now possible. Two prime techniques are currently in practice:
- Aligners: these are the invisible and most convenient orthodontic treatments for teeth straightening. These are easy to remove while doing routine activities of brushing and eating, and hence the worry of damaging the braces is over. These are virtually invisible and therefore, have no disruption to the facial appearance. These work overtime by gently shifting the teeth with replacement by new aligners every two weeks or so. The limitation of aligners is that though they are versatile they are better systems for mild to moderate misalignments.
Invisalign is the most common braces type invisible aligner providing great comfort and flexibility in the treatment. This takes an average time of approximately 12 months to straighten the teeth, however, factors such as the condition of the jaw, gums, and diet can impact the timeline.
- Retainers: These are the orthodontic appliances that are used once the procedure is completed. They always remain in the mouth which helps in maintaining the alignment and holding the treated teeth in their new location. Removable and fixed/ permanent are the two types of retainers. Removable retainers are made of plastic or they may have a wire covering the roof of the mouth or encompassing the lower front teeth. On the other hand, fixed retainers are thin and custom-fitted wire that is glued to the upper front teeth and six front teeth on the lower jaw. These require continuous monitoring for any wear and tear. Orthodontists recommend the use of either of the two or a combination of both depending upon the misalignments and level of correction that is needed.
Braces are considered standard treatment for teeth straightening to correct any misalignments. The Top Notch Dental Clinic is one such place located in New Delhi, with an excellent team of dentists under one roof following Specialized Dental Practice. With the state-of-the-art equipment in the surgery, the dentist at Top Notch clinic can assess the dental problem and explain the treatment to a patient with a belief to provide a comfortable experience of relaxation for all their patients. Visit the website https://www.topnotchdentalclinic.com/ for more information on standard state and infrastructure. Feel free to contact or book an appointment to experience the most empathetic passage to the painless smile.