IMPLANT SUPPORTED DENTURE
The need of Implant-supported dentures arises when -
- A jaw has all or many teeth missing.
- Enough bone is still available at various places for implant or we might require additional Bone-augmentation procedures.
- Budget is low but you don't want to wear removable dentures so there is a middle way - a removable-fixed denture option.
Implant supported dentures may be fixedor removable depending upon various elements - bone conditions , level of fixation desired, cost factor etc.
- The removable type needs to be removed daily to clean the denture and to relieve the gums.
- It has a tich-button or a snap fastener like fitting which makes them more stable and readily acceptable.
- The removable-fixed type can be removed every few months for hygiene and re-evaluation by your implant surgeon.
Patients may get it for either lower or upper or both jaws depending on their dental condition.
TYPES OF IMPLANT SUPPORTED DENTURES
REMOVABLE IMPLANT SUPPORTED DENTURES
- Snap-on device which helps like a 'tich button' for optimum stability
- Patients can remove the denture easily & maintain a great oral health of the remaining support system.
- Minimum number of implants required is 2.
FIX OR HYBRID IMPLANT SUPPORTED DENTURES
- Number of implants placed - 4 or more.
- They hold both the bone & the denture.
- These are fixed teeth with no worries!!
- Regular hygiene appointments for maintenance & longer service.